6.09.2010

Online fabric sources

I remember that not so many years ago (because I'm not old, I'm not) there used to be lots and lots of fabric stores. Now not so much. Around me, the only place to buy fabric is Joann's. Even Wal-mart is phasing out the fabric section, and it's already gone in most of the Wal-marts by me.

So what's a girl to do?

Luckily, there are tons and tons of places to buy fabric online. It's not quite the same, because I'm a toucher and I miss not being able to play with the fabric before I buy it. It's also a little bit harder to get a good idea of colors and to match fabrics, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

What I do love about online fabric shopping is the variety. Now my problem is deciding what to buy.

Recently I was talking to a friend of mine about buying fabric online and she asked me to recommend some sites. It occured to me that others out there in internet-land could also benefit from a list of shops.

And so, without further ado . . .

The Fabric Finder
Hart's Fabric
Warehouse Fabrics
Spool
Fabric Rehab
Fat Quarter Shop
Heather Bailey
Contemporary Cloth
The Fabric Fairy
Parasol Co
ReproDepot
Adrianne's Attic
Above All Fabric
Belraf Fabrics
Premier Prints
Calico Corners
J&O Fabrics
Lola Pink Fabrics
Fashion Fabrics Club
Pink Chalk Fabrics
Mood
Quilt Home
Hawthorne Threads
The Fabric Bar 

Of course there are many many more, and if any of you have favorite sites to recommend please do! Etsy is also a great source for fabric and notions. Amazon and Ebay are good as well - if you already know what you are looking for.

Happy Shopping!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment