1. There are only so many natural resources on this planet. These resources are finite. Some replenish themselves quickly, others do not.
2. The earth and its ecosystems are delicately balanced. Too much of one thing or not enough of another DOES affect these ecosystems.
So, based on these theories, we believe that we should do what we can to use less resources and to not screw up the balance.
We have started small, with just a few little changes:
- We recycle. A lot. So much that we have TWO bins picked up weekly by our garbage service and still make a trip to the recycling center every couple of weeks.
- We recycle EVERYTHING that can be recycled. For info on what can be recycled and tips for hard-to-recycle products go here and here .
- We try to limit the amount of "disposable" stuff we use.
- We work to cut down on driving.
- We also try to limit our electricity usage. With kids, that's tricky because they love to leave lights on, but we're working on it. I also hang a lot of our laundry to dry so I don't have to use the dryer as much.
|Not really sure what the candle and the seashell have to do with anything, but I'll try anything once.|
|You can even put them in a cute little basket.|
|Because despite what this picture tells you, your mother was right. Money really DOESN'T grow on trees.|