6.04.2010

Current Projects

Everyone I've ever spoken to about blogging had the same advice: the key is to blog often. So my goal is to blog every day.
I'm still working on sewing projects for my etsy store. As soon as it's up and running, I'll let you know. I want to have a decent selection before I start listing things rather than haing a store with only two items in it. at the moment I'm working on a few super-cute and ultra comfy skirts. I love love love skirts and dresses in the summer because they are light and flowy. Here in Atlanta, the summer temps hover around the high 80s, so light and airy is always a plus.
Here's a couple of the skirts I've made for myself:

Bear with me as I figure out the best way to photograph clothes with no people in them!


This is my favorite - I love long, flowy "hippie" skirts. Babe likes the shorter one better, he likes to see a little leg!

These skirts are pretty simple to make, I'm thinking of putting together a tutorial on each of them for beginner sewers. The short skirt only takes about a yard of fabric (more if you want it extra poofy) and the longer one only takes around two yards for me (and I'm a big girl). So unless you are buying super crazy expensive fabric, you could do either of these skirts for under $20. (My short one was $9 total)So much better than store prices. The longer skirts are so pretty and there is one at target that I have had my eye on for a while, but it's $29.99 - crazy! So until I win the lottery I will stick with making my own!

Ooops - the dudes want lunch - off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment